Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gooseduck

Jan 6, 2020
Enfield, Nova Scotia
Hey. Id like to know how I get my replacement cat for a princess model. Stove is four years old ( bought new) and I’d like to get one from the manufacturer. Anyone know how?

Have you tried your BK dealer?

BK doesn't manufacture cats but your dealer can sell you a new cat.

Hey. Id like to know how I get my replacement cat for a princess model. Stove is four years old ( bought new) and I’d like to get one from the manufacturer. Anyone know how?

From what I understand, the same people that manufacture the ceramic cats for BK also manufacture them and sell direct through midwest hearth on amazon. That's where I buy mine for about half the price a BK dealer would charge. Unless you feel you owe the dealer more of your money I don't know why you would buy from BK.

I guess I misunderstood your original post that you want to buy from the stove manufacturer, not the catalyst manufacturer.

Reactions: John Galt
The combustors sold by retailers that purchase them from us, have a different precious metal formula.

Manufacturers are required to sell the exact same combustor used in certification testing.

After markets resellers are not regulated.

BKVP

Reactions: HuskyMakk
The combustors sold by retailers that purchase them from us, have a different precious metal formula.

Manufacturers are required to sell the exact same combustor used in certification testing.

After markets resellers are not regulated.

BKVP
So there’s something special about a BK cat from BK? I wonder what the cat manufacturers selling direct think about that. I suspect, like car parts manufacturers, they would say the nonBK stickered cats are exact duplicates.

The precious metal treatment is different.

BKVP