Pro-Jet Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I thought Security took over Pro-Jet, I assume they will be compatible. The Lenox dealer here did not have a clue what Pro-Jet even was nor do they stock anything, but I am sure I can order it from someone.

Winter finally made it here, -5 degrees and down to -25 tonight… The old Earth Stove is paying for itself today….

This brings me to my current mission of replacing the Earth Stove with an EPA stove and I have to downsize the flue from 8” to 6”. I hope I can do it with a liner vs. replacing the entire 32’ insulated system.

Lennox now owns Security. I think that killed online sales of this pipe.

Get a BlazeKing King stove and stick with the 8" pipe.

My first choice was the Blaze King with the 8" flue and catalytic combustors which would have been easy not to have to reduce my existing flue size.

After talking to people that owned them and all the problems having to baby sit these units, I decided a non-catalytic unit is best for me.

All the non-catalytic stoves mainly are a 6" flue size which are required to get the EPA peak efficiency rating...

I am not really looking forward to installing a 6" rigid flue liner in the winter....

Do tell, it's surprising to hear this. Folks talk of this stove like it was the second coming. But then again, we aren't burning in arctic conditions either. Those conditions sort of make a cat's advantage moot.

What stoves have you been looking at to replace the Earth Stove and what do you have access to? The Kuma Sequoia is a big, non cat with an 8" flue.
http://kumastoves.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=15

And while asking the Lennox dealer about the Security pipe, see if they sell the big Country Canyon stove (8" flue):
http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/stoves/canyon-st310/

Status
Not open for further replies.