Pro1IAQ Model T955W Touchscreen Wireless Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonD

Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Wallingford, CT
Anyone try this thermostat? I've moved away from the Skytech 5301P, considered a Lux (with or without a remote) and I'm now looking at the Pro1IAQ Model T955W Touchscreen Wireless Thermostat Kit. Yeah, it's overkill but it might be the perfect thermostat for me. It has a swing temp setting and is actually a 3 box set up. A box wired to the heat source, a wireless main thermostat and a separate remote that can override the main thermostat (if you are sitting on the couch and want to bump up the temperature without getting up). It also has a remote outdoor temp sensor. It ends up being pretty expensive though - more than the 5301P. See here:

Pro1IAQ Model T955W Touchscreen Wireless Thermostat Kit

T955W Wireless Universal

If anyone has experience with these I'd love to hear about it. I don't even know for sure if it would work with a pellet stove yet so any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• R251W_7w.jpg
    R251W_7w.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 332
  • T955W_9w.jpg
    T955W_9w.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 356
  • T955W_4w.jpg
    T955W_4w.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 355
  • T955W_2w.jpg
    T955W_2w.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 345
I just bought one about a month ago. I dont use it for my pellet stove but for the heatpump. Ive played around alot with it and it does more than i will ever need. The wireless is sweet. I can just unplug it off the wall and take it to what ever room i desire

The downside i have no use for it this winter since the pellet stove is now my primary heat source.[del][/del]

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 333
Some pellet owners have had issues with stats that don't offer swing adjustments. Constant cycling of the stove is rough on the innards.

I didn't see swing in the features menu, Maybe its called something else?

In the technical setup menu it has a cooling and heating swing adjustment.

Yeah, I hate that most thermostat companies bury that info deep in the manual rather than listing it as a feature. Makes it difficult and time consuming to determine if they even have a swing adjustment.

In this case, the manual pdf file states this:

Heating
Swing

The swing setting,
often called “cycle
rateâ€, “differentialâ€
or “anticipation†is
adjustable. A
smaller swing setting
will cause more
frequent cycles and a
larger swing setting
will cause fewer
cycles.

The heating swing
setting is adjustable
from ±0.2°F to
±2°F. For Example:
A swing setting of
0.5°F will turn the
heating on at
approximately 0.5°F
below the setpoint
and turn the heating
off at approximately
0.5°F above the
setpoint.

So I bought one of these thermostats for my Quadrafire Castile and now I'm not sure it will work. The base requires 24 VAC so I bought a 24v transformer and I figured I'd hook the transformer up to C and RC/RH (which are jumpered) to supply power to the thermostat base. W/E seems the logical place for one leg of the wire from the stove but I don't know where to hook the other leg, or if it's even possible to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Pro1IAQ T955W Thermostat Key.jpg
    Pro1IAQ T955W Thermostat Key.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Pro1IAQ T955W Thermostat Wiring.jpg
    Pro1IAQ T955W Thermostat Wiring.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 281
DonD said:
So I bought one of these thermostats for my Quadrafire Castile and now I'm not sure it will work. The base requires 24 VAC so I bought a 24v transformer and I figured I'd hook the transformer up to C and RC/RH (which are jumpered) to supply power to the thermostat base. W/E seems the logical place for one leg of the wire from the stove but I don't know where to hook the other leg, or if it's even possible to get it to work.

Any ideas?
Connect the other wire to the G terminal.

jdempsey said:
DonD said:

Any ideas?
Connect the other wire to the G terminal.
Thanks for the reply. Any chance you can elaborate on what this does? G is the fan so I'm struggling to understand how this would work. Or is this common knowledge among HVAC types?

Status
Not open for further replies.