probably a dumb question but

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Hearth Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
saratoga, ny
does the convection/ room blower on a 25PDVC have a gasket, I need to take it off and clean it. I have somehow missed it in spring cleaning a couple of times. I don't want to get it apart and not have heat til a gasket gets here if it has one. I do have a furnace but I am almost out of HHO so don't want to rely on that. It needs to be cleaned because it does not increase in speed above setting 3 and another post I read said that it was most likely dirty and need

My 25-PDV and my Fathers PDV have one. But its a standard flat gasket that is reusable. Even if it was not reusable, its the room air blower. If it leaks, it wong have any effect on your health (CO issues) it will just leak a little air behind the stove where its mounted. Which is warm air that the stove will still utilize. The warm air will come out of the back or radiate the heat.

If your worried, you can use high temp silicone. But I wouldnt be to worried about it. My PDV is about 16 yrs old and from what I can see, has an original Convection blower. That flat 5/8" (maybe 1/2") gasket may not be original. But it looks it. Just a standard gasket you could buy at HD or Lowes if you wanted to replace it. Believe it to be 1/2" or 5/8" flat gasket material. But it may not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.