Problem with Enviro Mini

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Hearth Supporter
Jan 30, 2009
NY
Hey all , winter is comin and just test fired the mini , convection fan only runs on low speed no matter what the heat setting is . Any ideas what could cause this ? Low speed is almost nothing blowing out the front . It should have 5 different speeds . Thanks for any thoughts.

Do you have the manuals for you stove ?
if not get them here
http://enviro.com/media/manuals/?fam=Mini_FS

If the fan runs on low and you cannot adjust speeds
it most likely is the board. Did you unplug the unit for the summer ?

Yes it was unplugged , and I do have the manual . I was afraid it might be the board , everything else seems ok . if it IS the board I wonder if I could rig a potentiometer for a fan control only

How long was the stove running before you tried to
increase the fan speed ? Was it running long enough
to be past the start up timing (15 to 20 min ).
if not try again but wait till the green light stops flashing
before turning up the fan speed.

Had it running for more than 45 minutes . Thanks for the help . Just looking at the board on their website , no price , but it looks a little different than mine . My stove is like 8 years old . Shouldnt have spoke so soon , mine is at the bottom of the page (pre 06 stove) that is just like my control board

Last edited:
Does the board have a thermostat switch on the top ?
If yes board # is 50-1477
do not pay more than 270 for it.
Pre July 2006 # is 50-178 same price
Sorry US price is 306 in Canada it is 270

Is your stove on a thermostat ?

Looks like the 50-178 is the one , no thermostat switch on it . looks like 306 huh , guess Ill call them monday and get it . Thanks again , and no its not on a thermostat

Wow, someone posted a Lil Enviro on CL for 500. Would be worth getting just for parts

I agree with SW, prob has debris under the fan end plug. Does the fan rotate freely by hand?? Are you capable of taking voltage readings at the fan wires?? Before I'd replace board, that might be worth exploring. The mini doesn't have a strong convection blower normally- also is the fan clean?? Are you able to put power directly to fan to to test it??

wow thank you , I will check the fan tommorow , by tangential fan do you mean the convection fan ? and I guess I will see the bushing when I pull it out.

Have you found a fix just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.