Problem with Napoleon insert purchased at Zoobler - Read customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
Please read the response from the companies above regarding a faulty exhaust fan on my new Napoleon NPI-40 pellet insert. I've only been using this stove a few months. Would this be acceptable to you? What can I do? I would think I shouldn't be responsible for purchasing my warranty parts upfront or installing them? Thanks, Kim

From Napoleon:

All warranty work for your unit must go through the dealer that you
> purchased the unit from. If they are not willing to assist you please
> provided with their information along with the full model and serial number
> of your unit and the date of install. This information will then be
> forwarded on to their Account Manager.
>
> Regards,
> Napoleon Fireplaces

From Zoobler:

Thank you for Contacting The Customer Care Department.
We are sorry to hear of your exhaust motor issues and would be happy to assist you in a resolution.
The manufactures warranty policies and procedures on all electrical and mechanical components is as follows...

1) You purchase your needed replacement part ( part# W062-0027 Exhaust Blower $155.00 + $ 18.00 shipping and handling)
2) Your needed part is shipped to you
3) RA information is relayed to you to send the presumed defective part back to the manufacture for testing
4) If the manufacture finds the part defective, they will credit our account and said credit would be relayed to the card you used for purchase.

To complete a warranty deposit order as indicated above, simply return the attached Parts Request Form completed with the required copies, and we will process the order.

It's not right, but what are you going to do they hold all the cards
p.s. off topic but dont buy from polariod either worst customer service ever!!!

Well that is the problem with buying a stove online.....
But to be fair they don't know if the blower is bad so it makes sense that they have you pay for a new one up front to avoid restocking fees ETC.
I think the only alternative would be to send the blower in and wait to see if it fails then they should give you a new one....Several weeks will go by though....

We have talked many times about buying Pellet stove long distance and from big box stores. A buyer should walk into the transaction with all eyes open. That does not mean you should not buy long distance or big box, just have an understanding of the situation.

Buy a pellet stove from a big box store and go back there two months later and tell them it is broken. They will tell you to contact the maker.

100% OF THE TIME, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL INSTALLATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING AT THE JOB.
In other words, there is not a single one of these companies that will ever send a technician or rep to your house as a regular part of business.

As to your stove, consider it from the other ends. Let's say you buy a stove mail order. You also get some funky pellets local and install the stove yourself....and are not too handy. Ok, then it does not work well and starts smoking. You do your internet research and find out from a user here that this means a faulty or defective control board.

So you contact the merchant and tell them. Should they ship you a new $200 control board....even though they don't know how you installed it, what pellets you burn or whether it is truly the control board? So what to do?

They institute policies like the one you mention to avoid this.

So, to answer the question more accurately..
1. We always suggest that folks who cannot troubleshoot and fix their own pellets stoves...buy them from a local dealer who offers ongoing service and warranty.
2. If you know that part is bad, then you will get your credit relatively soon. I do understand your concern about forking out the money, but I've had to work this way before with tech companies...even HP, when my camera broke. They demanded a cc on file before they would even start to process the warranty.

We (the customers) have demanded the lowest prices on everything...and the truth is, there has to be something take from the equation when we do this........

On the positive side, you received responses from both the maker and the seller - that's pretty good in itself (these days).

this zobbler company sucks. the worst customer service i ever dealt with online . lucky i was only buying 1 piece of pipe from them .bunch of liars.

Thank You Craig.

Internet buyers, BEWARE except from Kinsman Stoves. We rock.

Eric

as you posted this my exhaust blower has bricked again, loud screeching. this will be my second in 2 mos

i wonder if napoleon has some bigger issues with their exhaust motors...

Webmaster said:
Buy a piece of pipe from Eric - have him ship to California....then when it does not fit, he will personally drive out and help you. Furthermore, he will deliver pellets while he is there, take out the trash and tighten up those faucet washers.
:)

ROFL!

kh395269 said:
From Zoobler:

Thank you for Contacting The Customer Care Department.
We are sorry to hear of your exhaust motor issues and would be happy to assist you in a resolution.
The manufactures warranty policies and procedures on all electrical and mechanical components is as follows...

1) You purchase your needed replacement part ( part# W062-0027 Exhaust Blower $155.00 + $ 18.00 shipping and handling)
2) Your needed part is shipped to you
3) RA information is relayed to you to send the presumed defective part back to the manufacture for testing
4) If the manufacture finds the part defective, they will credit our account and said credit would be relayed to the card you used for purchase.

To complete a warranty deposit order as indicated above, simply return the attached Parts Request Form completed with the required copies, and we will process the order.

If the part isn't bad do they send it back to you? They don't say they will and I would hate to buy a part to find out it wasn't bad then not get it back. Who is to say they won't just say it is good and keep your money if they don't return it. I would also record any serial numbers and take pictures in case it gets damaged in shipping.

Eric,

I think all of us would rather have bought stoves from independant dealers. But with all due respect, when I went to my local stove shop it was back when oil prices were heading towars $5 and folks were panicing and I went for the big box store online because they had them in stock and could deliver in a couple of weeks. My local stove dealer, right up front in May told me, if I ordered today I wouldn't see my stove until October. At the time that was not acceptable. I would have loved to have purchased from a reputable dealer and had the security of knowing if something went wrong, it was just a call away. Not the independant dealers fault, just the sign of the times we are in.

Webmaster said:
Buy a piece of pipe from Eric - have him ship to California....then when it does not fit, he will personally drive out and help you. Furthermore, he will deliver pellets while he is there, take out the trash and tighten up those faucet washers.
:)

And walk the dog.

Eric

sydney1963 said:
Eric,

I think all of us would rather have bought stoves from independant dealers. But with all due respect, when I went to my local stove shop it was back when oil prices were heading towars $5 and folks were panicing and I went for the big box store online because they had them in stock and could deliver in a couple of weeks. My local stove dealer, right up front in May told me, if I ordered today I wouldn't see my stove until October. At the time that was not acceptable. I would have loved to have purchased from a reputable dealer and had the security of knowing if something went wrong, it was just a call away. Not the independant dealers fault, just the sign of the times we are in.

I know. My distributors were out of stock also. There was a mass rush by the stove makers to turn out product and in turn quality contol went where???????????? Class Class Class?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.