problems with air flow - stink bugs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deedunn

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2008
Blue Ridge of VA
We've had a real plague of stink bugs and chased a few hundred out with the first small fire this year. However, the air doesn't come down over the door face properly. Actually I don't think there's any air flow there at all.

How do I clean out the air flow channels? The rear air intake is cleared, and the two little pipe thingies are clear and working fine. I vacuumed out many charred bodies from behind the "wear plates" on the sides - the bugs don't burn readily, apparently.

The stove has been in one year next month and burned well through the winter. No problems with air flow at all last year.

D

Can't answer the cleaning question but will say I've had a bear of a time with those fricking stink bugs the last two years. Had one looking at me when I carried a few splits in today. Don't know the point of them, don't sting, don't bite, just stink if go squish. Bad part is they are not from here, they came from egypt if I'm not mistaken.

If they are the ones we got here in near philly, they are called 'brown marmorated stink bugs', they are native to china, and were first identified near allentown PA in 1998.

And they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.