Problems with finding flanges for Taco 0012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deerefanatic

Minister of Fire
Apr 6, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Hi all. I bought a Taco 0012 Bronze pump on ebay for the primary loop pump for my primary/secondary system.. I got it really cheap on eBay or I wouldn't have bothered with bronze... (Paid less than list price of a CAST pump...)

When I received it, I found out to my dismay that the flanges are not the same as the rest of the 00 series pumps (I have a pair of the 1 1/2 inch freedom flanges, Iron..) It's like the pump flange is too big to fit my pipe flanges.. Same story with the brass shut-off flanges I have for my other pumps....

The pump is a 0012-BF4 which is supposed to be the HV type pump, not a 0012-BF4-1 (which is a 2" series pump) From everything I've read, the flanges I have (taco number 110-254F) are the ones for this pump.... But believe me, they won't bolt up. Now, I've been told you have to use the bronze flanges, but they have basically the same part number (110-254BF) as the iron ones which lead me to believe that they are the same dimensions, just bronze material.

Does anybody here know for certain what flange is necessary for this pump? The flange is 4.42" from mounting ear to mounting ear vs 3.79" for other 00 series pumps I have laying around.....

Thanks!

-Matt

I also ran into this problem with my B&G;,PL 45 Bronze, the flanges are bigger on this model and I had to go to a heating & plumbing supply store to get bronze oversized flanges Yes a little pricey but they are obtainable DONT FORGET YOUR EPDM "O" RINGS as they are also bigger than the cast hope this helps DAVE

Wonderful....... Just wonderful..........

Oh well.... I'll call Taco monday and see if they can tell me the specific part number I need..... I'm ordering my stuff from Pexsupply.com and they carry most of the Taco line........

Alright, I found out online which flanges this 0012 takes. It's Taco # 194-1542F for the iron part number.

Now to find out if Pexsupply has them or not! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.