1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Problems with Quad 7100 should dealer help?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by scfa99, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scfa99

scfa99 New Member

Loc:
    New Jersey, USA
    Ok so I've been up and running with the Quad since nov. It has an ACC (air combustion control) lever that allows you to set the air wide open for a set period of time and then it settles in at the position you leave it. Anyway, the lever is no longer working, you should feel some resistance when pulling to the right and that engages the timer and that no longer happens. My buddy installed his own 7100 and his never worked from the get go.

My dealer is closed today but wanted to know if this should be covered? They are an hour away so i'm sure they won't be happy coming out.

MSG do you know if this has been a big problem with the 7100 and what is the fix? Can they do it from the inside? Reason I ask is that we are about to stone the fireplace in and was wondering if i should hold off.

Thanks in advacne

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    You know, i have had problems with that timer myself. It is something that should be warrentied. My problem was that it was stick open and tick forever, overfiring the stove. I havent seen it break all together. If the timer feature is important i would hold off facing the fireplace untill you get it resolved. Call your dealer this morning they should help. A hour isnt that far out of the way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.