Processing firewood for beginners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Once upon a time I knew this surveyer. He was definitely a wood miser. He always had a stick that was the length of wood he wanted, and he used a shot of spray paint to mark the wood length. He used a different color every year, and kept a log of all the colors and years. I eyeball all my cuts and they always seem to be a little short of the 22” I could be getting.

Once upon a time I knew this surveyer. He was definitely a wood miser. He always had a stick that was the length of wood he wanted, and he used a shot of spray paint to mark the wood length. He used a different color every year, and kept a log of all the colors and years. I eyeball all my cuts and they always seem to be a little short of the 22” I could be getting.

This will be me next time I cut.