Progress Delay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowHill

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2009
Central NY
Woodstock called to say the shipping of my Progress Hybrid is delayed by 2 weeks :-S And snow is predicted for Thursday. Kind of expected it, hope that it is only a 2 week delay. Testing for clearances is ongoing, no prediction when they will be done. On the plus side, got more of my wood moved into the wood shed and got some of the rest covered before it started to rain.

That is sad with a 2 week delay at this time of the year. Did they state why?

Let's look on the bright side: when you consider it was originally suppose to ship Q1 of 2011, what's another measiy 2 weeks?

Backwoods Savage said:
That is sad with a 2 week delay at this time of the year. Did they state why?

Delay in getting stickers and manuals done. Caused by the delay in getting the clearance testing done. Said they now have 2 stoves at the lab to speed up testing! So, it seems they are trying every way they can think of to get things going. I'm not upset with them, just find the waiting agonizing... this could be because I have bitten my nails to the quick :red:

fire_man said:
Let's look on the bright side: when you consider it was originally suppose to ship Q1 of 2011, what's another measiy 2 weeks?

So true :cheese:

If the clearance testing is still underway, I don't see any reasons to think the stove will be ready in two more weeks. It really could be awhile. I'm not trying to be a downer, but realistically I would think it would take at least a couple weeks once the testing is done.

On that note, I thought the stove was being picked up from the lab last Friday? I was also told last week that the numbers were coming in and I was even given some preliminary numbers. Might it be that the testing is actually done, and they just need the time to finish the manual?

I'm getting worried because last year there was a foot of snow on my roof by mid December,and I could not get up there until Spring.
The new stove will require me to get up on the roof to adjust the flue height (unless I go with the Plinth base , which I am shying away from). If I get the new stove and there is major snow on the roof, what-am-i-gonnado??? >:-(

what-am-i-gonnado???

Keep cranking the fireview, and hope for a mid-winter thaw? Probably no good answer. Could you cut the liner to height from inside?

It would be sooooooo much easier to just lift the rigid liner up the additional 5 inches. The lower section I would have to cut is flex. I have never cut SS flex liner, but I hear you can easily wreck it, and its hard to get at, under the fireplace opening. I can just imagine my bloody hands and mangled flue! Besides, if the new stove does not work out, it would be easier to go back to the FV if I don't cut anything.

fire_man said:
I'm getting worried because last year there was a foot of snow on my roof by mid December,and I could not get up there until Spring.
The new stove will require me to get up on the roof to adjust the flue height (unless I go with the Plinth base , which I am shying away from). If I get the new stove and there is major snow on the roof, what-am-i-gonnado??? >:-(

Other option would be to get up on the roof now or before snow predicted and do the work and be without woodstove until the new one arrives??? Not ideal, huh?

This thread is oxymoronic.

I always found that everything takes longer and costs more than originally thought!

On the bright side, I had a conversation with the designers of the Progress while at Woodstock. They were pleased as punch because they said that no constraints were placed on them...that is, it was made clear that they were building to as high of a standard as possible, not to a price or a deadline. Designers like that. Customers should also, although in most cases they don't know about it.

BeGreen said:
This thread is oxymoronic.

:lol: Would "Delayed Progress" work any better for you?

HollowHill said:
fire_man said:

Other option would be to get up on the roof now or before snow predicted and do the work and be without woodstove until the new one arrives??? Not ideal, huh?

Bite your tongue, HollowHill. That would require BURNING OIL!

fire_man said:
HollowHill said:
fire_man said:

Bite your tongue, HollowHill. That would require BURNING OIL!

Biting my tongue and my nails might require more dexterity than I normally can summon up, but will do :)

Thanks to all, the chuckles really helped. This too shall pass, just requires a bit more patience - and gritting of the teeth as the furnace turns on. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I hope they are still making them while waiting for testing to be completed. When I called last week to order mine, they said they were delayed slightly but that mine would still be on schedule for mid-December. I'd really like to be up and running by Christmas. Nothing beats Christmas morning sitting around the tree with the stove going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.