1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Progress Hybrid Bent Secondary Plate

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jmiller165, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jmiller165

jmiller165 New Member

Question for those with a Woodstock Progress Hybrid. I think I slightly bent the stainless secondary plate on the inside of the firebox near the back/center, plate with all the holes. Probably a little overzealous when loading it. There is a gasket there along the edge as well. Any need to fix this or leave it be?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I would give Woodstock a call and ask them about it Jeremy, If you notice it burning differently inside I"d let it go out.
    Post us with there reply, info is always good.

Todd2
  3. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Imagine that... a stove with both catalytic and non-catalytic systems, and which one breaks first? ;hm
  4. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    You seem to be ignoring the other posters that have already replaced their catalyst with less than one full season of burning.
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Not ignoring... just never saw them! Too many posts this time of year to read more than a few each day. Is there a problem with this design?
  6. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Jeremy, when you jammed the wood in against the secondary plate, can you see any disfigurement to the gasket at the stone/stainless steel seem ?

Todd2
  7. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    I don't think there is a design problem. I just think there were some kinks that are being worked out and some guess work on both the owners and the company.

Woodstock is handling it well.
  8. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    There are several kinks being worked out in the first year of the PH. That can be expected with a totally new design coming from a small shop. They are fine tuning the design and have been exceptionally good with their customer service on this stove.
    charly likes this.
  9. jmiller165

jmiller165 New Member

The gasket seems to be in place and fine so I am assuming I am good. I am going to let it burn out tonight to get a better look but I am betting it is only cosmetic. Thanks
  10. charly

charly Guest

How nice to just call over to Woodstock and bingo,,, someone's helping you out, never being put on hold...instant service...one thing I noticed,,, their stove parts are very reasonable,,, very! Who else would send out "Free" parts when an update has been made? All this while being a small company! I like it!
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  11. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yeah, they're good folks. Reminds me of the original Vermont Castings spirit back in the late 70's.
  12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Regardless of how it is burning, get on the phone anyway and tell them what has happened. They need to know. 800-866-4344
  13. Slow1

Slow1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    Is this appearing as a small 'gap' near the bottom gasket in the center? Looks rather curved inward (i.e. as if pushed from the inside of stove toward the back where presumably the air comes from?
  14. jmiller165

jmiller165 New Member

That is what I am looking at. Is that the design of it?
  15. Slow1

Slow1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    I don't think so, but I recently noticed the same on mine and your message made me think about it. It doesn't seem to have harmed the burn for me, but if you do contact WS about it I'd be curious to know what they say.