Progress Hybrid Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowHill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Central NY
First off, want to preface this by saying thank you to all the members of hearth.com. You've been an invaluable resource and welcome diversion over these interminable months of waiting for this stove. Thank you! Now, to the install. They arrived by mid-morning, with Essie in tow. Uncrated her and got her on their dolly. Wish they hadn't uncrated, but they said they wouldn't be able to manage with the crate on. Pondering how they're going to get her up the stairs. She's finally in! Don't know who had it worse, the installers or my faint heart.

Attachments

• Progress Hybrid Install
    Essie_arrives.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 458
    Essie_unloaded.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 452
    Essie_into_house.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 453
    Essie_in_house.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 451
outstanding!

So when's the first fire going to be?

pen

Man I cant wait to see the stove the least you could do was have it unwraped so we could see this wonderfully made wood stove lol...

But thats great you got it and hopefuly nothing got damaged. So get the cam out and get more pics woooooot!!!

Yeah Im getting tired of getting up having to load up with wood cause of a small stove grrrrrrrr...

Congrats man!!!!

Attachments

100_4058.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 407
After pulling the liner down the chimney (took them no time at all to do that), they wheeled her onto the hearth. Then, installed the ash pan, but didn't install the front and rear heat shields until I happened upon those instructions in the manual - that could have been a disaster! Then, they hooked her up to the tee, but used single wall instead of double wall I'd requested, so they had to fashion a shield until they bring the double wall on Tuesday :shut: . Then installed blockoff plate. And she's done and accepted into the family!

Attachments

Essie_on_hearth.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 426
    Essie_ashpan_install.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 397
    Essie_install_blockoff.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 414
    Essie_Nutmeg.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 406
pen said:
outstanding!

So when's the first fire going to be?

pen

Not til tomorrow morning, have to wait until the stones warm up, since she was out in the cold 3 nights.

I wonder how it will look in my house...

Attachments

DSC00162b (2).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 384
And I know that HollowHill has done at least 2 break-in fires. Haven't heard anything since but I'm betting she is one very happy lady.

Flamestead, looks like you have some finish work to do yet but that will be sweet!

OK, I'm still waiting for my stove, so I "borrowed" HollowHill's to see what it would look like in place of the Tempwood. Here is what I'm really looking at while I wait for ours to be built.

I'm expecting a largely plug-n-play install. A nice thing about using HollowHill's stove this way is I can look into the future and see the 5 cu ft firebox, too (by stretching the image).

Attachments

DSC00162.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.