Project stove swap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MN~Nice

Jan 22, 2018
Minnesota
so I recently found out that 2 years ago I could’ve saved a bunch of money on a wood stove through project stove swap? It still exists but eligibility has changed, now must be 55 or older? Anybody know of any new incentives coming out?

Heard rumor of 2 senators proposing a bill, but nothing more has come out.

Sure would like a BK, probably buy one anyway but why not let the man contribute a little to the cause right?

I bet they are funded by "the man`.

I bet they are funded by "the man`.

Huh, you are actually 22.5% correct.

On a slightly different tangent, before you give to any charity, you should look them up on Charity Navigator and/or Guidestar to see how they actually spend your money. If they're spending almost all of it on salaries and 'expenses', give the money to someone who is actually doing something for your cause instead.

Looks like this little nonprofit is better than average on paper anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
I like the purpose of the campaign, I will admit I kind of like watching the smoke torpedo out of my chimney on cold starts, but I want a more efficient stove and with the new EPA regulations comes engineering expenses, material price increase, etc.... Thus higher prices are inevitable, I am not sure why the age limit is now in play as I am seeing more people in my area getting out of wood burning as they get older?

I just wanted to see if anyone out there had any insight into any grants or financial incentives out there

I like the purpose of the campaign, I will admit I kind of like watching the smoke torpedo out of my chimney on cold starts, but I want a more efficient stove and with the new EPA regulations comes engineering expenses, material price increase, etc.... Thus higher prices are inevitable, I am not sure why the age limit is now in play as I am seeing more people in my area getting out of wood burning as they get older?

I just wanted to see if anyone out there had any insight into any grants or financial incentives out there

Well going from a smoke dragon to an epa stove can cut down your wood use by 25-50%, so that is a big deal for people who want to process less wood!

You do have to change your wicked ways and season the wood to see the benefits.

When I am too old for wood, I think I'm going solar/electric.