1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Project WARM

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by DanCorcoran, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Redlegs likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Interesting and happy to note they may help some. However at the end of the video they commented that only if these trees are stove ready. If not, out they go. Right....
  3. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    I'm not sure what their criteria are, but I can understand them providing green wood. If I was worried about freezing to death with no money for electric, gas, or wood heat, I think I could resolve my issues with free green wood.
    Ralphie Boy likes this.
  4. jrendfrey

jrendfrey Member

Loc:
    green mtns vt
    I wish we had something like this in vermont I would love to give a cord away to someone in need of it I've been there before
  5. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    I agree. Let's hope that this WARM organization not only helps the family with the wood, but provides a little education and perhaps even safety inspections, etc.
  6. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    You are right, the media and city officials both mention that the wood is to be burned this year. But I did notice in one of the pictures that looked like it was WARM splitting lot there was huge piles of firewood. Some of it had definitely been there a while as it was grey and looked to be at least seasoned for some time. At least it is somewhat seasoned. Im sure that in this video the people featured that had no ties to WARM really had no clue what they were saying. Also I would hope that WARM knows a little more what they are doing.