1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Propane Generator

Post in 'The Gear' started by xman23, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Washington
    Just one comment about propane in cold weather. We have a friend in a very cold climate with an expensive whole-house system They have a large underground propane tank which prevents those problems. Expensive, though, but they can afford it...:) Personally, I gave up on the idea of propane for many reasons and just keep my gas fresh by rotating stored gas through my cars every few months. It is possible to do it right, though.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. basod

basod Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mount Cheaha Alabama
    I'm still kicking myself in the rear for turning down an Onan deisel out a fifth-wheel camper.
    Buddy of mine parked it to live permanently wired and said "you can have it"
    It was heavy and in a tight spot to remove, and didn't have my truck.

Apparently he was on the lamb or something cause he dispeared from the face of the earth a couple months later - drawer came up short at his employers
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Garage is indeed attached to the house but the genset exhaust is plumbed outside (could be done better, I need to get on that. I didn't do the install.). Also the garage floor is 3 ft lower than the house so with the 16ft overhead door open I think we're good. ;) I would love to pour a pad behind my shed (noisy in the garage) and build a small generator enclosure but that's going to be a lot of time and $$ to rewire and the wife has other priorities.;lol
  4. BIGDADDY

BIGDADDY Feeling the Heat

Well if it works why fix it huh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.