Propane Tank Cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Is $500 for a 500 gallon propane tank in real good condition a good price? No fittings for boiler.

Is it usually hard to find someone to weld on the fittings on site? In my backyard, for instance?

Is it usually hard to find someone to weld on the fittings on site? In my backyard, for instance?
With mine I ground everything to fit, tacked the fittings in place, and then took them to the fabricators on a trailer. The guy welded them in a few minutes while I waited. I cut the holes with a hole saw after everything was welded, which worked well. ([Edit:] The reason I tacked the fittings in place was because the exact position of the fittings was set by the black iron piping between tanks that was put together beforehand.)

If you have everything set up it shouldn't be hard to find someone to drop by your place on his way home from work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.