1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Proper Etiquette?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Cutter, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbcijim

mbcijim Member

Loc:
    Schuylkill County, Pa
    Great topic. Thanks for posting.
    Great looking woodpile savageactor7! That's a pile of wood!

I am having the same dilema. I have a few cords laying in a pile. Uncut and Unsplit. I had a good friend put out a feeler about needing wood. I would be happy to have him come & help. I wasn't sure how much to offer him. I was thinking about offering 1/3 of the wood that we cut & split together on account of it being my wood and they are already in a pile.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Like others when my buddy and I are working we tend to load one pick-up load for him and then follow that up with another pick-up load for me and we alternate . . . this way we share in the work and we share in the reward and in the process we both get similar sized/type wood. As long as the agreement works for us or for you that's what really matters . . . and honestly it's nice to have someone to talk to when you're out working.
  3. fishinpa

fishinpa Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    I wish I lived closer, I'd love to come and help.... and reap some benefits of course!

Sure is a pretty avitar, is that your land?
  4. mbcijim

mbcijim Member

Loc:
    Schuylkill County, Pa
    No, not my land, just like the picture. I guess I better change it, your about the 5th person to ask!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.