Prospects are brighter now for having the $$$ for a splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
So, I was sitting here yesterday thinking "What have I got around here that I might could sell for some fast money to put toward a splitter." I suddenly remember an old mid 1930ish Sensenich airplane propeller that at one time was on a Piper J3 Cub.
I listed it on eBay last evening and before 10:00 this morning I had it sold for $475!!

Now, I'm going to list a Danbury Mint 1/16 scale model of a 1952 Ford 8N tractor. This thing has never, ever, been out of the original box and contains all parts, literature, etc. They've been selling for $200 and up.

Then, I need to go check to see if that $200 Stihl MS361 is still at the pawn shop. Maybe I could come close to doubling my money on that. If I can get that, I'm getting close to the price of a new Huskee 22. Maybe close enough that my Bride will let me go ahead and get one.
Well, I don't really have to have her permission but it's a lot nicer around here when we are of like mind on major purchases.

Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Good for you. Its always great to have 'found money' like that.In the past couple months I listed a few odds & ends on eBay myself,had an account there for 10 yrs now.McCulloch ProMac 610 that barely run,2 NOS air filters & NOS 20" bar for same,assorted duplicate antique woodworking tools such as a few 19th century moulding planes & other odds & ends from my cabinet shop,few old books & records etc.All of that paid for that Husky 288XP that I grabbed on eBay 3 weeks ago with a little left over. :coolsmirk:

Go get that 361. Now. Go.

I have no doubt Ken will have a splitter by fall.

I appreciate the support, B.S. I'd like to get one before that. I have about 3+ cords that are bucked and stacked and need to be split now. Still lots of good hot days of seasoning this year. I don't usually like to work on firewood when it's 100 degrees outside but if I get a new splitter, I may just have to make an exception.

Wonder if they'll put the Huskee 22 back on sale anytime soon? And if there just happened to be a $100 coupon out there at the same time, that would be sweet!

Or, maybe the pawn shop owner will call me and say she's decided to accept my offer for that newish Cub Cadet 27 ton she has hidden in her storage building.
She wants $1100. I offered $800 drive out. The thing is virtually brand new. Not a scratch or scuff on it.

And I keep looking at CraigsList every day, too. Something will happen. I'm not in a rush.

Ken, I do recall the Huskee being on sale during the summer months before but I think part of that is determined by how good or bad overall sales are going at TSC. Slow business usually brings on some good sales. I hope you find one. And not being in a rush is to your advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.