Pulled Trigger On Ideal Steel Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the metal cat is in a second chamber. You engage it by pulling a lever which redirects the gasses through it. I will try load it up with all large split and see if that makes any difference, thanks! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your reloading before your coals burn down with hardwoods, chances are half of your firebox is coals and ash. This stoves retains coals very well. Make sure you are keeping it cleaned out so you can load on full capacity. Also, I would try to burn some softwood in between to bring down the coals and raise the stove temps before your next big load.

I ran loads of locust through mine during the coldest months and found I had her all plugged up and my burn times dived. I cleaned it out good and felt like I had a new stove.

Reactions: Grisu
Here is a picture of a burn posted by a user of an Ideal Steel on another site. You can see the stove top staying fairly steady at 300 deg even after the cat was starting to come down. This was a 6 deg night with oak wood. Who knows all the other details but he has a thermo couple setup.

I personally think I've had better results then what he's seeing however I can't prove it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-27-22-23-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-27-22-23-11.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.