Pulling out your own Lopi AGP for cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellandee

Dec 4, 2014
California
For my Lopi AGP insert, do you wait for the maintenance team to do their job come spring? I'm looking at the instructions. Looks dooable, but pretty heavy. I figure at the very least I need to watch them very, very closely when they clean in May.

I have been thinking about the Lawn Blower Trick, and need to investigate the chimney attachment to see how difficult it will be. If I do it, do I open any doors, or draw all air through the outside air intake?

30 bags in so far.

Richard

Last edited:
Leaf blower trick - vacuum port on leaf blower attached to outside end of the exhaust vent (likely on your roof since it is an insert). Vacuum switch tubing in the body of the stove should be disconnected.

Search the forum using the box top right - there's are videos posted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.