Pulling the winter warm out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydes2004

Dec 28, 2012
Rhode Island
Hey guys, I'm going to be pulling out my winter warm to install the new Ss 8" liner shortly and would like to do some maintenance. I plan on cleaning the entire unit out and replacing all the gaskets and refractory element. Any other suggestions? This thing is heavy (475 lbs) and I'd like to get everything done in one shot. Going to be inspecting all of it, checking bolts, cleaning ash and dust out etc... I just got the 10" oval to 8" round adaptor from Olympia in today. I'm very excited but would like to get everything ready to go before I tackle this. The liner is going to be a 8" single wall 15' long from chimneylinerdepot.com. I can't find a local source for roxul stone wool so I think I might need to purchase that online as well. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks, kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.