Pump recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
100 ft. Closed loop, conventional boiler 1" pex. Had a taco 007, capacitor blew, want to upgrade. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Taco warranty sucks now, stay away from them.

B&G NRF-22 is a decent step up from a 007 at about the same price. NRf-25 is one notch more with 3 speed option.

Is that 100' one way or round trip? Did the 007 handle things OK (move enough heat) prior to konking out? How long did it last? What do you have for a boiler? 'Conventional' to me means pressurized & indoors.

A Grundfos 15-58 3 speed is a very good circ and reasonable price - not sure though without looking exactly how pump curves compare & if you might benefit from a more capable one or not. 1" pex can present some head, plus whatever else is in the loop.

Is that 100' one way or round trip? Did the 007 handle things OK (move enough heat) prior to konking out? How long did it last? What do you have for a boiler? 'Conventional' to me means pressurized & indoors.

A Grundfos 15-58 3 speed is a very good circ and reasonable price - not sure though without looking exactly how pump curves compare & if you might benefit from a more capable one or not. 1" pex can present some head, plus whatever else is in the loop.
100 round trip. 1 year old pump. Have a ridgewood 6000 stove. Moved heat ok.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Then I would agree with using a 15-58, or NRF-22. Both are a higher head circulator (than the 007) that should handle the 1" pex fine.