Pumping through storage tanks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warno

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2015
illinois
I'm wondering if I have enough pump for my system. I couldn't find a calculator for this. My question is, when pushing water through storage tanks is there a significant amount of head added to the system total? I'm running 2) 250 gallon tanks horizontal in parallel. The inlets will be in one end of the tanks and the outlet will be in the opposite end. When the water pushes through the tanks what kind of numbers should be added to the total?

I'm wondering if I have enough pump for my system. I couldn't find a calculator for this. My question is, when pushing water through storage tanks is there a significant amount of head added to the system total? I'm running 2) 250 gallon tanks horizontal in parallel. The inlets will be in one end of the tanks and the outlet will be in the opposite end. When the water pushes through the tanks what kind of numbers should be added to the total?

It's negligible.

So basically as long as my other components head value is ok the tanks are irrelevant to the pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.