Punky Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This weekend I'm going to fell this small beech then take care of the top thats leaning against the other tree.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1354.jpg
    100_1354.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_1355.jpg
    100_1355.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_1356.jpg
    100_1356.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 184
Nothing wrong with a little punk in your beech.

SolarAndWood said:

I just saw your picture of the wood piles, you have way to much.

zap

Great job.

zapny said:
SolarAndWood said:

I just saw your picture of the wood piles, you have way to much.

zap

Great job.

Thanks Zap. I have a lot to do this fall. The exterior is going up: felt, 1" of foam, Tyvek and then shiplap siding. Hopefully, we'll burn a lot less wood as a result and that 24ish cord will be way too much.

Ratman said:
OMG another Zap show from the 2010 adventure series.
Where do you get all your energy?
:)

I'm not even sure, I just keep my arse out of the recliner and head to the woods. I ask my wife if she thought I was taking this wood thing to serious and she said it was fine and that she likes the idea of having seasoned wood plus being ahead. So I might pound it out until the snows to deep.

zap

I have seen some of the old school little skidders go pretty cheap at the auctions. Don't let the snow stop you.

zapny said:
Ratman said:
OMG another Zap show from the 2010 adventure series.
Where do you get all your energy?

I'm not even sure, I just keep my arse out of the recliner and head to the woods. I ask my wife if she thought I was taking this wood thing to serious and she said it was fine and that she likes the idea of having seasoned wood plus being ahead. So I might pound it out until the snows to deep.

zap

Great job man...I'm kinda the same as you except for the having property and energy part.

Status
Not open for further replies.