Purchasing Replacement Firebricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need to replace some of the firebricks in my Regency i3100. Has anyone purchased firebricks from Tractor Supply or from other online stores such as Mountain View Hearth Products? I am wondering if all the firebricks are basically the same with similar performance. My dealer quoted me $100 to replace all of them, but I only need to replace half a dozen.

I am wondering if all the firebricks are basically the same with similar performance.
no there are 2 different types of firebrick. Your stove uses pumice brick that have a much higher insulation value than standard brick that most stores carry

I got one of the bricks cracked after first season. Do I need to run and get new one or it's not a big deal? It has crack , but it's in place .Not really noticeable

no there are 2 different types of firebrick. Your stove uses pumice brick that have a much higher insulation value than standard brick that most stores carry

Thanks for the info. One of the bricks I need to replace is 4 inches wide as opposed to 4 1/2. I assume the pumice bricks can be cut to size like other bricks?

I got one of the bricks cracked after first season. Do I need to run and get new one or it's not a big deal? It has crack , but it's in place .Not really noticeable
I would get some to have on hand but i would not switch it out till it isnt staying in place anymore

Thanks for the info. One of the bricks I need to replace is 4 inches wide as opposed to 4 1/2. I assume the pumice bricks can be cut to size like other bricks?
They are much easier to cut

Status
Not open for further replies.