Purely hypothetical question!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lousyweather

Hey, pellet pigs, I would welcome your opinion here! If you had the opportunity to buy distressed pellets (maybe a year old, but sorted and re-stacked, all the $hit pulled out already), what would pay for them? Would $169 for a super premium with these considerations be adeal, or a no-deal?

Thanks!

Lousyweather said:
Hey, pellet pigs, I would welcome your opinion here! If you had the opportunity to buy distressed pellets (maybe a year old, but sorted and re-stacked, all the $hit pulled out already), what would pay for them? Would $169 for a super premium with these considerations be adeal, or a no-deal?

Thanks!

Can I get a couple of bags to test or will you take them back if it turns out that they still have issues?

I have been buying 2nd's (not sure if this equates to your meaning of distressed) from my local pellet plant for $180 per ton. 2nds are considered a partially damaged pallet with one or more bags that have been torn due to mis-handling etc. The manager remarked that he will not sell these damaged pallets to his retail distributors for the obvious reasons. However, they do replace each damaged bag one for one. I simply take the damaged bags and screen them. The waste is used for mulching my blueberries and the remainder is consumed by my stove. I have not had a problem with these pellets and have been more than happy to pay $180 vs. $250 for the same product at retail price. The only draw-back is that there are times when they do not have 2nds available. When they are available, I have been known to hoard! :)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Lousyweather said:

Thanks!

Can I get a couple of bags to test or will you take them back if it turns out that they still have issues?

And could you mail them, Too lazy to drive on over there.

On a more serious note. May I ask what the brand is???

I said it was hypothetical! Was trying to get a feel for folks opinions versus the price.

Lousyweather said:
I said it was hypothetical! Was trying to get a feel for folks opinions versus the price.

Sorry, I got excited even. Yep I am a pellet pig ya know.

Hmmm, Can I sue for emotional distress??

smwilliamson said:
picked up 2 tons of NEWP from flood damage, saved almost 40 bags @ $2.00 per

And 2000 lbs of mulch for about $100 for the garden or flower bed. My garden loves the that stuff.

Lousyweather said:

Thanks!

Even though their "distressed" pellets, the brand of pellets would still have some bearing on the price, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.