Putting a Summers Heat 50-SNC13 in basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy123

Mar 5, 2011
PA
A friend has a 50-SNC13 he bought and never installed. I have a finished basement with low ceilings (around 6 1/2 feet).

Could this be safely installed? Venting would have to go through the block wall and up around 20 feet.

If possible, how much would you think a install like this would run me?

How big is the room? With low ceilings, it'll be uncomfortably warm. Do you have a good way for the heat to get upstairs?

Call Englander and see if they would approve of it being installed with a proper NFPA heat shield on the ceiling. And plan on using double-wall connector pipe if Englander says it is ok.

I think I was quoted about $1800 for materials and labor for a very similar install. I bought the liner for around $600 and did the install myself. Well, with the help of my 74-year-old friend Lorraine.

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.