Putting the gas in the tractor or lawn mower without spilling? Now I can!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
I have suffered long enough with different style 5 gallon gas cans over many years or nowadays plastic jugs with always spilling some gas when the can is full. It is so heavy and the spouts even with newer designs just do not help!!
I had atleast a half dozen or so similar to the ones in the first 2 pics!
When they were full and heavy they are harder to tilt and pour! Can they make anything better?
Well just maybe they finally did!!
Just got this one from Tractor Supply!
Why tilt the heavy can to pour if you can just tilt the spout and then use a trigger to pour!
Absolutely genius!!!
Pic 1 & 2 - Easy to spill cans!
Pic 3 & 4 - looks good
Pic 5 - It really works - I did not spill a drop!

0AA46D26-6CF6-40FD-AF16-3EB72B614542.jpeg 88A70BBF-26E6-4F71-BFB7-AF6F537E401F.png 1AFE6FB9-2008-4DF3-AE9E-7A2C1213235B.jpeg 615FA6F1-4F45-4122-92EE-23DECD3E7834.jpeg 67F91CA3-F86E-4D52-9FDD-30CBE7A2AD2D.jpeg

Reactions: clancey
I have one and really like it for small tanks

Reactions: Don2222
Hello
Here is No Spill Jill ?

+1 vote for the No-Spill cans !

Perhaps a bit off topic but this YouTube has good tip for pouring from 5 gallon pails​

It appears I'm the only one who thought that was an interesting way to fill a shot glass with fire water! Lol

I picked up a bunch of old pre epa gas tanks at estate sales for a buck a piece. When filling tge snowblower at 5am when there's a foot of snow blowing around, emission devices and gloves don't mix.

Reactions: caseywheels
I picked up a bunch of old pre epa gas tanks at estate sales for a buck a piece. When filling tge snowblower at 5am when there's a foot of snow blowing around, emission devices and gloves don't mix.
The sure can works fine with gloves

Reactions: Don2222
Santa bought one of these for me except red. Technically illegal, even has it molded into plastic something like not for fuel storage. Being red I don’t think any gas stations will stop me. Haven’t used it yet. The non vented epa ones are a sick joke.

43D772D3-79BF-4694-B309-958504BE61E5.png

In most cases I would still choose my sure can or no spills over an old one anyway