Q: Where to get 'glass wool/rock wool' type material to add to pizza-oven door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

conifer4

Nov 6, 2021
Ohio
Hi. I have a masonry heater. The pizza oven door has always leaked some smoke. What is the white hand woven gasket material? And can you suggest where I can buy either (1) raw material that i could just pack in, or (2) finished pre-woven gasketing? It is glass wool or rock wool? Best to DIY add a bit in w some 'glue' or replace with a thicker-heftier woven pre-made? Thanks much - Mike

Hi. I have a masonry heater. The pizza oven door has always leaked some smoke. What is the white hand woven gasket material? And can you suggest where I can buy either (1) raw material that i could just pack in, or (2) finished pre-woven gasketing? It is glass wool or rock wool? Best to DIY add a bit in w some 'glue' or replace with a thicker-heftier woven pre-made? Thanks much - Mike
A chimney sweep a stove shop or good hardware store should all have a selection of gaskets