QF 4300 AIR kit worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
so went through my first year burning wood and was thinking about installing the outside air kit.

Does it make that much of a difference on a older 1965 house that has the orginall cladding with vinyl siding over it. im not saying the house is tight BUT i dont think its very loose either.

I did notice that i would get "cool" or "cold" air in the house once the fire was really going but i never found out if it was coming from the basement or outside.

Either way do people notice a difference with using inside air or using Outside air

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an outside air kit unless your house is exceptionally tight. If the stove has trouble drawing or you get smoke pulled out when you turn on a heating system then it might be needed. You can just crack a window to test if you have either of these problems. If you're feeling cold air coming into the house I would spend time and money tracking down those areas and fixing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.