QF Santa Fe Vacuum Switch, Rectangle to Round

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mearow

Dec 30, 2014
WA
I have my new round vacuum switch. Of course it has to be different than the old one and no instructions, so I'm not sure which wire goes to which connector.

Here's pics of my old one, it has an orange wire and a red wire. No helpful markings on it that I can see.

And the new one with +, 2, and ON (or NO?) on one plug and C (or horseshoe?) and 1 on the other plug.

Any help appreciated, thanks! (Stove is unplugged for the repair, btw)

rectangle.jpg

round.jpg

Red-on Orange -C. Doesn't really matter as it just closes circuit to pass power on. kap

Thanks! It's up and working and running like a champ. There's no sweeter sound than the light clink of pellets falling down the chute when they're supposed to :)

Just for general info, NO = Normally Open, and C = Common. Thus, when vacuum is applied, the switch closes. No vacuum, switch is open.
The plastic molding is also used on switches that have NC (Normally Closed) contacts, which you don't have or need. Note that the NC spot is vacant. The Common contact connects to one or the other terminal, depending on the vacuum state, but not both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.