Quad 4300 Step top or Milllnium

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nshif

Hearth Supporter
Talked to my local stove shop today, I can get the Mill. for $1600 or the Step Top for $2100. Is the Step Top really worth 500 more? I must say I like the looks of the Step Top alot more than the flat top. Plus its better for cooking. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thats what I thought and I want the look. Screw 500$ ( I wish I really ment that )

The millennium also comes with the base and I think the door also. With the step top you pay extra for everything. That's probably where some of the extra cost comes in. Just FYI.

he he he he.. the step tops are pretty stoves, if there going in a central living area, its probably worth the extra $500. Its really not that much more considering the life of the appliance, and more importantly, if its more pleasing to the eye of the other half...

MSG had it, deceision made by other half, Step Top. Which, strangly enough was my choice as well. If I gotta look at it all summer long while its idle I at least wnat it to look good. Should be here in about 2 weeks, now I just gotta finish the hearth. All the under structure up to the cement board is done just need to set the stone. And as Im doing this its 90 degrees outside. Am I really ahead of the game for once? Thanks for the proding guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.