Quad 7100 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjonesvt91

Oct 12, 2007
I have my Quadrafire 7100 recently installed, and am using it (I'll post pictures soon). It seems that the blower does not blow very much air. I can put my hand against the screen and I barely feel anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I have a 7100 and it kicks a lot of air via the blower something seems to be amiss with yours? You mention a screen what do you mean by that? Are you running it with the optional screen? Did you mount the faceplate on the 7100 or is it still off? How loud is the blower? You should be able to adjust the speed of the fan make sure its all the way up.

I was referring to the screen area at the top where the air comes out along the top. You mentioned a fan speed. That, I was not aware of. I have two switches, one that stays on to control the automatic thermostat to kick on, and the other manual override. I am not aware of any way to adjust the speed. Right now it is either on or off.

Thanks for the help.

Bob,

The way my electrician wired it up is that I have the on off switch which allows me to override the snap disk fan. He also put in another switch that allows me to adjust the fan speed, its a round dial like you have for a dimmer. Its nice because I can run the fan at a lower speed when watching tv or to dial down the heat output. I thought if you have the same setup maybe the dial was set to low hence the low output. The 7100 fan kicks out a lot of heat so it definitely sounds like something is not working properly.

Have you contacted the dealer? If a recent installation this should be under warranty.

Check I think page 10 of the owners manual. You are supposed to have two controls for the blower. One is a speed rheostat. I think fully counter-clockwise if OFF and just if you just barley click it on from there that would be HI. The second switch is a toggle and it over-rides the snap disc so you can turn the fan on without waiting if you want to.

Thanks for the tips guys. It seems he got it wrong. I do have two switches. One that allows for it to come on automatically, and one for the manual override. The problem is that the one for the override is just a switch with on/off capability and no adjustment. I'll be callinng tomorrow.

Other than that it has been great. I promise I'll get some pictures up soon. We just moved in and I have no idea where the camera is.

The over ride switch is SUPPOSED to be just a toggle. The other switch should be a speed control.

Status
Not open for further replies.