Quad Castile Clinkers with CleanFire Pacific Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also done it several times with no problems. However, now I have a pure sine wave inverter running off of my solar system to use when necessary. Will unplug igniter though or run it continuously.

Following up on this thread with resolution from woodpellets.com.

Coincidentally, my combustion fan died on the coldest day of the year here (-12) and the new fan which I preemptively ordered when I started to hear bearing noise got stuck in the snowstorm. I finally got my hands on the part, installed it (ordered via amazon, delivery by incompetent fedex). I thought maybe a dying combustion fan was causing the clinkers, but even with a brand new fan, new tadpole gasket, and the stove immaculately clean, the CleanFire made massive clinkers. Here is the fan I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W3Q4QO

I also ordered some anderol 465 low viscocity lube as called for on the motor label. Interestingly I could hear the difference after lubricating the bearings so I'm guessing it comes from the factory dry or not lubed enough.

Woodpellets.com had a truck coming my way and agreed to swap out what I had left of the CleanFire with the Granules LG. Joy in their customer service dept was great to work with. I've now burned three bags of the Granules and I have zero clinkers (though more ash) and none of the problems I had with the stove starting (the huge clinkers were blocking the igniter). They are going to send the CleanFire out for testing to see if it was a bad batch. I, for one, am glad to see it gone.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.