Quad Castile Door doesn't open far enough???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenterTree

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2008
SouthWest-Central PA
Hey has anyone else noticed that the cast iron door on the QUAD Castile will not open far enough to allow for convenient cleaning inside the fire box?
It just seems that there should be more elbow room to get in there... the door only opens LESS than 90 degrees (right angle to fire box). The door stops when it hits that metal bracket at the lower left corner of the door near the hinge. Is everyone else's Castile like this or did I get a "FRIDAY" shift stove? To me it is annoying.
Any hints or ideas? Thanks

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about because I had the EXACT same problem with my Castile last fall. Go to the link below and it shows my problem and my fix. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Heating!

Go Here

Steve

Shortstuff said:
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about because I had the EXACT same problem with my Castile last fall. Go to the link below and it shows my problem and my fix. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Heating!

Go Here

Steve

GREAT! I appreciate your response and your link. It is interesting to see how others can have the exact same stove yet have different door setups. ??? What's up with that QuadraFire Company? I am still trying to figure out just what that metal bracket is for anyway... I sure have NO problem to cut it out like you did though. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.