Quad Castile Screwed Something Up When Cleaning It

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Of Fire

Sep 24, 2009
Hudson Valley NY
Ok Title says all the issue is there is no ignition I did pull the insert out to clean it and it was working beofore I cleaned it I did pull the exhuast vent and do the blower trick removed the fire bricks cleaned behind them cleaned tubes blew compressed air on motors pellets are dropping I noticed thermo couple is not getting hot reterminated thermostat stat wire on lugs still nothing
Help

So pellets drop, do they ignite? If you get a fire, watch the clear control box, see if any lights come on inside it.
If they are not igniting, take the ash pan out and watch the ignitor, see if it glows red within a minute or two of calling for heat.

Turn on the thermostat and make sure the call light is on. Check for power at the igniter. If no power, check the wire connections.

Vacuum line/switch plugged with ash from blowing the stove out is my guess! Any takers?

Ok update got it running I did 2 things reseated control box and cleaned out holes in pot kinda a bone head move but I think prob was clogged burn pot I mean i took the stove apart why unclog the pot???either way running much better burning right now ! Thanks for the input !

Born Of Fire said:
......I mean i took the stove apart why unclog the pot???

HUH???? Why unclog the pot??? Is that a serious question?

:lol: Well, from one NY'er to another, glad you got it fixed. Stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.