Quad CB1200 Sawdust buildup.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt

Aug 5, 2008
Prince Edward Island
Does anybody else have a problem with sawdust jamming up auger? This has happened to me twice this month already and we are not running full out yet. It is a pain to tke all the pellets out and put a screwdriver in by the lower part of the auger to free it up. Anybody got a good solution to this problem?

My quad never had an issue with the saw dust.

I would try shifting the pellets first. Get the dust before you dump them in. You can us a corn shifter or homemade screener.

Old ranger had one posted on here and there are several listed at the iburncorn forums.

check here:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42530/

good luck
jay

Fines would cause my fire to not burn normal, the fines would keep the proper amount of pellets from being picked up.
This year I am sifting all the pellets that go into my stove. I do it in the house where it's warm, the only problem is it's addictive, I keep sifting until the stove is full.

The only pellets I ever screened for my CB1200 are the LG Granules that had water damage from Pelletsales. (yes, I was credited for them). There were huge clumps and lots of dust but at least half of each bag was still good pellets. I rigged up a half-a$$ screen and cleaned them up.

Last year's 4 tons of Hamer's Hot Ones never jammed the auger and I totally don't expect to have any issues with the remainder of my 6 tons of LG Granules.

I have to ask... What have you guys been burning and just how much dust is in them ? I am imagining they must be awful. Either that or perhaps some of your auger components need replacing...

I always find about a cup of sawdust at the bottom of the hopper when the hopper is empty. I am burning softwood pellets. Last year no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.