Quad E2 new mother board low heat???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to discuss this with the dealer as Brother Bart suggested earlier. Have you been recording the temps and the dates? Not sure what course of action is open to you ... depends on how many other unhappy owners are out there.

I did speak with the owner of the pellet store and told me that the e2 does feed less fuel with the new motherboard to prevent the disastrous glass break and pot build up issue. Right before the recall, a letter went out to all e2 owners to turn the air/fuel dial all the way down to -4 which provided more air to fuel. I did notice less pot build up but more ash outside of the pot burning MWP pellets. After the mother board install, I played a little with the dial and found I had to turn the dial to +2 more fuel to provide a cleaner burn, so settings drastically changed after new board install. I'm trying a better pellet this year which my dealer suggested and hopefully burns better than the MWP's, which were quite dirty. Hopefully the NEWP make a diff as my dealer suggested. I really hope this thing performs this winter the way it did before the recall. I don't want to have to fight them to come and rip it out and buy a Harmon ;o

Oops, just ckd. I burned primarily Maines Choice last year. Since I'm a new pellet burner as of last year, I don't really know if they were good or bad. I do know they heated my 2600 sq foot house no problem on setting 3 out of 5 most of the winter, but had to frequently clean burn pot twice a day and every 4 days a full cleaning. In Mass right now, the big box stores are advertising $269/ton but not sure what brand yet. Called my local dealer (mt toms/McKinney electric) and got $279/ton for NEWP with $79 delivery as I'm a half hour away from them. No brainer imho. Can't wait to try out the NEWP with the new stove settings!

Usual protocol is to try at least two bags in your stove to see how they burn before buying a ton ... unless you really don't have any options due to supply problems. I have only two options for reliable suppliers here. This year it will be Spruce Pointes ... Last year it was LaCretes which I really liked. The other option were Indecks which tended to have a large ash problem and were $1 more per bag ... no thanks;)

I'm only going with NEWP because everyone I have talked to including the installer said they burn very well. I only went with Maines Choice because that's all I could find in November last year when everyone thought pellets were the next best thing to sliced bread.

I've put the bug in the owners ear last phone call when I ordered pellets from them, but like I said, I haven't really tested it yet on a cold night. so I cant justify my concern as of now. Certainly on a nice cold night I'll find out real quick how it's gonna do... which won't be in the near future as it's still 90 here in Ma.

Reactions: Lake Girl
I've been running my e2 for two weeks now. Here are my observations... I want to start off by saying that I never had any problems with the original mb and the stove provided great heat. We had an extended winter last year and I went through 6 tons of New England Premium pellets which I thought was pretty extreme. I also noticed that the stove is dropping fewer pellets than before with the new mb. I started up the stove this year and noticed the heat output was not as good as before. Even though they told me to keep it at -4, I changed the air / fuel mixture to -2. I also keep the heat output on maximum. This seems to have done the trick so far and I have good heat output. I'm not really going to know until we get some really cold days this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.