Quad replaced my insert - Arrived at DealerToday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMonter

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 8, 2007
Hayden, ID
Well Quadrafire came through. I told them early May I'd be done burning and lo and behold, my new stove arrived today at the dealer. Too bad I have to install it myself (I hate the 3100i pipe hookup).

Bonus to Quad for taking care of this as asked.

I think this speaks well of their customer service.

Good to hear!

In the old days of the 80's and 90's, it was really rare to have to replace a wood stove - but with new designs and new engineers, I guess we have to put up with a learning curve (in the field). As you say, it's not that problems happen...they always do - but it is what these companies do about it!

My guy didn't use it, and I have a 2700i which is inherently easier to install because of the slanted top, but doesn't Quad have a connecter you can hook up from inside the pipe?

velvetfoot said:
My guy didn't use it, and I have a 2700i which is inherently easier to install because of the slanted top, but doesn't Quad have a connecter you can hook up from inside the pipe?

Sure they do.... COLLAR-QC

Its a qick connect collor with a handle on it, you put it on the liner then reach up through the unit and grab it, pull it down and twist lock it into the unit. Then the handle pops right out. You of course have to take out some tubes and the baffle board to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.