Quad Santa Fe: Did you guys seal the seams in the ash pan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
When I removed the ash pan a couple times I noticed the corners are not sealed/welded all the way from top to bottom, this could cause ash "spills" when walking with the pan to dump the ashes outside if you're not careful.

Have you guys had any issues with ashes coming out the corners or not, did you seal these corners and if so what did you use?

geek said:
When I removed the ash pan a couple times I noticed the corners are not sealed/welded all the way from top to bottom, this could cause ash "spills" when walking with the pan to dump the ashes outside if you're not careful.

Have you guys had any issues with ashes coming out the corners or not, did you seal these corners and if so what did you use?

I haven't had any spillage problems w/ my ash pan Geek, but a simple fix for yours is to put a nice smooth bead of HiTemp silicone in the corners and smooth with your fingertip.....that should solve it.

yeah, I actually thought about it and wonder if others have this opening on theirs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.