Quadra-Fire 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss5504

Feb 4, 2015
Silver City NM
I have a 1200 and it will turn itself off in the middle of a burn, I mean the exhaust motor shuts off and sometimes the room blower will stay on others times not. Like tonight I looked over stove was off fire burning away in the pot? Walked over pushed the reset button and it started back up again???? any ideas

What year stove is it? When this happens, is the call light still on? Unplug stove and try re-seating the control box. kap

It is one of the older ones with three heat exchanger covers instead of two. Yes the call light is on, and already tried unplugging and new control board

Boy, this is a weird one. I am wondering if the #3 snap disc is tripping or not? It is an over heat disc that shuts whole stove down if it is tripped. Wondering if it is getting bad and acting up, not just shutting whole stove down, and as I 'm typing this, it don't make sense. If the exhaust fan quits, it should stop feeding pellets, as there is no vacuum then to run the vac switch. Depending on the temp of stove, decides whether the convection fan is running or not. I am leaning towards a bad exhaust fan, but hitting the reset button would not make it come on again. Maybe getting some bad capacitors on the fans? Do you have three fans?

So like sometimes when the stove is shutting down the exhaust will just shut off.....The room blower will be on still and the house will start to smell like smoke. The call light is off and if you walk over and cycle the thermostat then the exhaust will kick back on and the embers in the pot will start glowing again or sometimes burst back into flames. Then last night we were watching tv and looked over and the stove was off but had a huge flame (not feeding or anything) went and hit the reset button it started feeding again and started back up

Now it is making a little more sense. Before you said all light was on. Check wire connections at both ends of thermostat wire. Sometimes they will break. May need to cut and clean the ends back further. Also thermostat could be going bad. Clean points connection with sandpaper or fingernail file. They can get corroded and make bad contact. After fixing wire, if it still happens, try jumping the screws on stove where tstat wire hooks to. If the stove quits acting up, might be time for a new tstat. Stay in touch. kap

I know. Just trying to cover all bases. Have you checked all wire connections to make sure they are good? Hitting reset and it starts again sounds like bad wire connection. If at all possible, next time exhaust fan quits, try giving it a spin by hand and see if it takes off. If it does, fan is going bad or under a load from being dirty. Worse case scenario is box going bad

Status
Not open for further replies.