Quadra-fire 2700i or Sierra 5300 insert opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peeps

Dec 9, 2014
Wisconsin
I am exploring these 2 wood inserts as options to change my ZC inefficient fireplace into a more efficient unit to heat my 900 sf. open concept cabin. The fireplace box is small and these are the only 2 units I have located in my area that would fit. I'm wondering if anyone has either of these units and what their opinions are on them good or bad. Thanks

Hi Peeps, I have the quadrature 2700i and I heat around 1400 sqft with it. We do have a open concept living room, kitchen and dining room but the bedroo ms are back the hall. I have a fan blowing the cold air towards the stove and it heats my bedroom anywhere from 68-72 farthest away from the stove. This is my second year burning with it and we like it. I could have fit a bigger unit but i couldn't pass up the price on this one. There is one thing you have to have and thats seasoned wood! I haven't filled the stove up to the top with wood yet lack of courage but I'm getting there! I get about 5-6 hrs of heat so we restart a lot of fires but thats the way it goes. I haven't used much oil since we bought this and the feeling of coming in out of the cold and the house is nice and warm is what its all about for me >> I never heard of the other heater you were asking about but i do like the quad. Maybe some of the more experienced folks here will chime in and give you some other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.