Quadra Fire 5100i or Regency I3100 inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

albrown60

Jan 27, 2019
st-lazare, Quebec , Canada
I am presently running a I2400M Regency insert which is ok. I would however get more burning time out of it. In a previous house, I had a I3100 Regency insert that was perfect for the type of house, 18' foot ceiling open concept with a 60" ceiling fan. I was getting easily a 10 hours burning time and the house was comfortable at 70 F. There is a dealer of Regency and Quadra Fire that is discounting is wood products for the poor demand because of the new rules on the Montreal Island. He has on the floor a 5100i Quadra Fire and a i13100 Regency discounted at 30% off. I would like to make a change but I can't make up my mind. Going back with a larger Regency which I know is efficient and easy maintenance or go with Quadra which is a more modern product with an advertise 14 hours burn time. Anyone running a Quadra insert ? What is your opinion on this make and product ?

I am presently running a I2400M Regency insert which is ok. I would however get more burning time out of it. In a previous house, I had a I3100 Regency insert that was perfect for the type of house, 18' foot ceiling open concept with a 60" ceiling fan. I was getting easily a 10 hours burning time and the house was comfortable at 70 F. There is a dealer of Regency and Quadra Fire that is discounting is wood products for the poor demand because of the new rules on the Montreal Island. He has on the floor a 5100i Quadra Fire and a i13100 Regency discounted at 30% off. I would like to make a change but I can't make up my mind. Going back with a larger Regency which I know is efficient and easy maintenance or go with Quadra which is a more modern product with an advertise 14 hours burn time. Anyone running a Quadra insert ? What is your opinion on this make and product ?
The quad is no more modern than the regency other than the timer on the startup air. Otherwise they are very similar