Quadra fire 7100 blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ladon67

Oct 30, 2020
Washington, NH
Here’s a strange one- the blower works, but I don’t feel any “wind” coming out the front of the fireplace! Shouldn’t I feel the hot air being blown outward? Thanks for any input... -Mark

I've got a Heat n' Glo Northstar, basically the cousin to the Quad 7100 and it uses the same fans. For the amount of noise it makes, you'd think there should be a wind tunnel effect going on, but even on full blast it's just a subtle "outward" movement of air through the top vents. I'm not sure if the fans are just really bad at moving air, or there's some kind of baffle behind the stove that makes the air flow so slow, but your experience is at least consistent with mine.

Reactions: Ladon67
Same here. I do not get a strong breeze from the blowers but I have to say I do not lack for heat. One time I removed my Mission Hill fascia and there was a significant increase in the air flow. But it's not viable to run without the fascia.

I have toyed with the idea of removing the steel mesh over at least the air outlet at the top to see how that would change things. That would require me to pull it off and I need another project right now like I need another hole in my head.

Reactions: Ladon67
Thanks for the replies, guys. Right after I posted this, I went over and put my hand in front just out of the hot heat spot and turned on the blower. I actually did feel a bit of push consistent with what David said. And Village Idiot, we don’t lack for heat either! Thing is amazing!!!