Quadra fire cb1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tomcamp285

Dec 11, 2017
Andover vt
Must constantly use the reset button in order to restart stove. It is on a thermostat, if that matters. Will cycle 5-10 times then won't restart Until I hit the reset button. At wits end

Need more info. Just doesn't start after 10 times? Does nothing after 10 times? kap

Need more info. Just doesn't start after 10 times? Does nothing after 10 times? kap
It is on a thermostat and it will work fine all day. Cycle on reach temp, cycle off.
Does this for a while and then won't restart. Hit reset button and it fires right up
Seems to drop pellets but not start
When hit reset it seems to flair up more than a normal startup

Might be just the brand of pellets. Mine did the same thing for about a week with tcs pellets. Switched to energex that JRemington sells and no miss fires since.

As Ssyko said, you could just be having a misfire. Cause could be from too much ash in firepot. Might need to dump ash a little more often. See how that goes and let us know. If persists, we can check on other things. kap

So, you are saying, in between running all day, or right after, you dump pot so this happens after emptying pot? Sometimes on an empty pot, and sometimes on a pot that has too much ash in it, you can get a misfire. Fire tends to start better with a little ash in it. More so if you are burning a mix like I do, of corn and pellets. If it tries starting but doesn't, and then you hit reset button, it will have a tad more fuel in it and this can cause the bigger flare up. Try using a mirror and flashlight and look down in front of pot, making sure the igniter slit is clear of any clinker debris. You can also check the igniter housing for any ash buildup. Make sure both gates are closing completely.

I have same issue with my 1200I...yesterday it ran for almost 24 hours with no issues...said to my wife" pellet stove has ran great for a whole day...10 minutes later it didnt fire...i scrub burn pot with wire brush every cleaning..clean temp probe over the burn pot..adjust feed gate.still have not figured out what causes it.