Quadra Fire Millennium 2100 pt2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

opusthe2nd

Dec 16, 2018
Montana
Loving this stove, but.....

I ground the screw off that stopped me from shutting the air down completely, nice. However, I can't get this thing to slow down. Gasket is good, etc .I want to be able to shut this down and suffocate it. How do I make this so I can starve it for air. Very dangerous having a stove you can't kill.

Loving this stove, but.....

I ground the screw off that stopped me from shutting the air down completely, nice. However, I can't get this thing to slow down. Gasket is good, etc .I want to be able to shut this down and suffocate it. How do I make this so I can starve it for air. Very dangerous having a stove you can't kill.
I think you need to identify all of the inlet holes (both primary & secondary air inlets) and block them down using a magnet, or multiple magnets if need be)....

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Why do you want to be able to suffocate the fire out? They are designed to NOT allow that.

Why do you want to be able to suffocate the fire out? They are designed to NOT allow that.

I want to be and to dictate how I burn my fire. I don't want to load it and have it running full bore when I don't need full air.

Makes no sense at all . I can't even keep it around 300 it's 200 or 500, nothing in the middle.

Also, if I have a chimney flareup, runaway or overfire, I am stuck until it burns out .....not cool at all!