Quadra Fire Mt. Vernon AE Smartphone controller?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorama55

Dec 12, 2013
Maryland
Just had my Mt Vernon AE installed last weekend and love the stove but was disappointed with the controller that came with it. Nearly every remote or controller these days (garage door openers, thermostats, home security cameras, etc,) has an app that works with your smartphone. There are times, especially on the weekends where I am out running some errands and would like to have the stove come on a couple of hours before I return back to the house. I can also anticipate there might be an instance where I might have to leave the house in a hurry and forget to turn off or turn down the temp on the insert. Does anyone know of an aftermarket controller that would work with the Mt Vernon insert and can be controlled from a smartphone? Has anyone spoken with the Quadrafire folks to see if they are planning to introduce such a controller?

There is nothing aftermarket available. This is because it is a proprietary thermostat and isn't just your average Honeywell.

The way the stove is designed, the thermostat is an extension of the control board. All the air fuel ratios are stored on the stat.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket controller that would work with the Mt Vernon insert and can be controlled from a smartphone? Has anyone spoken with the Quadrafire folks to see if they are planning to introduce such a controller?
Wouldn't it be nice if something like the Nest controller could work with a pellet stove. Heck they now have a combo smoke/CO detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.