Quadra-Fire Mt. Vernon E2 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerica72

Jan 3, 2014
Fremont, NH
Well, after buying the stove in the spring and waiting all summer, I finally had the E2 installed this past week. I chose it over the AE because of its simpler design, less expensive parts (i.e. control board) and its almost all cast iron construction. She runs nice and quiet, although a bit too hot in this 90 degree weather!! My house was built in 1763, so not the easiest to keep warm without an oil truck having a reserved parking spot in the driveway. I'm looking forward to having the thermostat set above 62 for the first time!

Attachments

• photo_1[1].JPG
    photo_1[1].JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 354
  • photo_5[1].JPG
    photo_5[1].JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 365
  • photo_3[1].JPG
    photo_3[1].JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 345
  • photo_4[1].JPG
    photo_4[1].JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 331
Very nicely done.

I am jealous:)

Beautiful unit. I like the door/window grid - similar to my Jotul.

Hey let me know how that new E2 works out…… i went and saw the stove at a local dealer and it a good looking unit! I do like the fact that it has a manual ash pot dump and no self cleaning. YOUR pics came out great!

Thanks all for the nice words. Will definitely report back after I have a chance to really put her to use later this year.

Thanks all for the nice words. Will definitely report back after I have a chance to really put her to use later this year.

And how do you like your E2 after running a few months?

It's been great so far. Like any insert owner, I wish it had a bigger hopper, but other than that its a quiet, efficient, simple stove to run. Its been fun trying out different pellet brands to see what burns the best-

Looks great! I remember years ago when we were debating replacing our old smoke dragon I looked at the Mt Vernon... in part since I live close to Mt. Vernon Ohio lol. It was just more money than I wanted to spend at the time, and back then I decided to stick with wood. But I really do love the looks of it, probably my favorite looking pellet insert. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.