Quadra fire Santa Fe lights without a call for heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Williams

Sep 4, 2013
I have a 2005 quadra fire Santa Fe and it lights and runs with no call for heat I'm at a loss I've changed the computer new thermocouple last year any ideas

Thermostat jumper is not in place is it? If you have a thermostat remove it to take it out of the equation.

Last edited:
Is the call light bulb burned out.

Thermostat jumper is not in place is it? If you have a thermostat remove it to take it out of the equation.

Physically disconnect your thermostat. Need to make sure that is not the cause of the problem.

T-stat with worn/burned wires will cause faulty starts. Take stat wires off.. Nothing touching the 2 connections in the back. If it still lights?? I believe in....

WHAT!!!! What do you believe in? Don't leave me in suspense like that. My heart ain't what it use to be.::-)

I think dex wife whacked em again. Me wifey sent his wifey a BIG skillet! :mad:

Might not be back on in days! ;hm

I believe the word would be Gremlins! :p

Ghosts..... If it still lights with no wires attached!!

It does read pretty bad. Never read ot to myself. But you would have thought I had a 6 pack or so.. (or more ;))

Reactions: mralias
We have a washing machine that was starting up on its own. Even though the machine was out of warranty they were concerned about it and sent out a tech. While he was thinking we had lost our minds with the story the machine started up. His words "Oh @$?@ this isn't good !" Everything electric but the main motor was replaced. Would have been far cheaper to have just delivered a new machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.